VIRTUAL EVENT: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Panel, Part 1
Monday, August 247:00—8:30 PMVirtual Event via ZoomWilmington Memorial Library175 Middlesex Ave, Wilmington, MA, 01887
Jennifer Bryson, BU Education faculty member, Melanie Patterson, Boutwell & Shawsheen Schools Media Specialist, and Brittany Tuttle, the WML's Teen Librarian, will lead this presentation on rethinking the media our families consume through an antiracist lens, encouraging participants to:
- Rethink the media our families consume, including books, movies, and TV shows.
- Discuss how our identities shape our responses to equity in our community.
- Investigate the concept of mirrors and windows in our children's texts/media.
- Review and discuss problematic media.
- Discuss race and representation with your children.
- You will use what you learned here to continue the antiracist work we've started.
This is an online event via Zoom. An invite will be sent at least an hour prior to the start of the program to the email given at registration. Please be sure to check your clutter/junk/spam boxes if the invite does not appear in your inbox, and please do not use a student's WPS email (wpsk12.org) to register.
Capacity: 40 of 95 spaces available.
Note: Registering more attendees than spaces available will automatically place your attendees on this event's wait list.
Registration for this event has now closed.